Thanks for using Climate Justice Campaign or visiting this website. This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you visit this site. It also explains the specific way that we use or disclose that information.
Your Climate Justice Campaign may update or make changes to this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please be sure to check this page from time to time as you use this Website to ensure you are happy with any changes.
1. Policy Definitions
4. Questions, Concerns, or Comments About this Policy
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please use the contact form to send us a message.
What We Collect
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information Collected Automatically: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We and our partners may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website. Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser. In addition, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs.
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used the most. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Once we are finished the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website and browsing experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Public Information & Third Party Websites
climatejusticecampaign.org is a public Website. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on this site and you want it removed, contact us here.
Social Media Platforms (and Widgets)
Our Website includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website.
We also maintain a profile on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via social media is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy.
Your Daily Vegan cannot control the actions of other internet users on these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Links to Third-Party Websites
We may disclose Personal Information to the following types of third parties for the purposes described below:
1. Service Providers
The Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. climatejusticecampaign.org currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
2. Advertising Partners
We may partner with third-party advertising networks and exchanges to display advertising on our Website, and may share Personal Information with them for this purpose. All third-parties with which we share this information are required to use your Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
Contests and Giveaways
We may, from time to time, offer contests, giveaways, or other promotions on our Websites or through social media (collectively “Our Promotions”). Participation in any of our Promotions is voluntary.
Information requested for entry may include personal contact information such as your name, address, and email address.
We use the information you provide to administer Our Promotions. Personal information used in Our Promotions is not stored or saved in any database or file. Files containing Personal Information are deleted, erased, or destroyed after their one-time use.
1. Display Ads
2. Retargeting Ads
3. Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Sensitive Personal Information
Children Under the 18 Years Old
Your climatejusticecampaign.org does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 18 in its database, please contact us immediately at and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Keeping Your Information Safe
Please be advised that we take any and all reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent.
You have the following rights in regards to Personal Information submitted via the Website:
- The right to be informed. Your climatejusticecampaign.org uses your Personal Information only in the manners described above only.
- The right of access. You may access the Personal Information we have about you.
- The right of rectification. You are entitled to have the Personal Information we have about you amended if it is wrong or incomplete.
- The right of erasure. Also known as the “right to be forgotten,” this refers to your right to have the Personal Information we have about you deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to block or suppress processing of your Personal Information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to retain and reuse your data for your purpose.
- The right to object. In certain circumstances, you are entitled to oppose to the Personal Information we have about you from being used. This includes: For direct marketing, scientific, or historical research, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- The right of choice. You can choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequence has a legal bearing on you or is based on automated processing.
In addition to these rights, you also have the right to opt-out. You may opt-out of any and all future email communications by following the unsubscribe link in our emails. Alternately, you may opt-out by emailing us.
You can contact us in regards to these rights.
Please note that we may need to retain some information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.